Monday, June 22, 2009

Grandma Adnams's Butter Tarts

So I hope its okay to post this recipe. It's really quite delicious and very simple to make. I had these last year when we visited Derek's grandparents up in Canada. His grandmother loved filling me up with her desserts and I happily ate them, and Derek's too since he doesn't really like sweets. She gave me her recipe and I made them for Derek's dad for Father's Day. I hope they reminded him of home. They're like little sticky, buttery pecan pies.

  • 1 egg (lightly beaten)
  • 1/2 c. brown sugar
  • 1/4 c. light corn syrup
  • 1/4 T. vinegar
  • 1/2 t. vanilla
  • 1/4 c. melted butter
  • 1/4 c. dried fruit (I used raisins)
  • 1/4 c. chopped nuts (I used pecans)
  • defrosted pie dough sheets OR pastry shells
Preheat oven to 425. Whisk egg thru nuts in bowl till combined. If you have pastry shells, place in small muffin tin and pour egg mixture to top. If you are using pie dough, unroll sheets on floured surface. Using 2-1/2" circle cookie cutter, cut circles and press into greased small muffin tin being sure to leave a little dough above surface in case it bakes over. Pour egg mixture into dough lined tins to top. Makes about 15. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes till crust is golden. Let cool and carefully scoop out. Eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment